As for me, the only thing I have to report is that I finally have the results of my dyeing adventure! I left it a little too late, if I'm being totally honest, and I'm a tiny bit sheepish about that. Most of it was fine, but I think if I'd have left it any longer than the raspberry cup might've come to life...I thought I'd spare you all photos of that particular stage of the experiment. Sorting out the good bits of fabric from the mould encrusted bits wasn't an experience I wish to repeat, so I'll be keeping a closer eye on the cups next time! But all the same, I got some brilliant results.
First off I'll talk about the ones using moss/leaves, because there's very little to tell, really. Hardly any colour came out of the plant material at all, which is a shame! I did, however, end up with these subtly tinted lace pieces, which look beautifully vintage to me, and I'm sure I'll be able to make good use of them.
Then we have the raspberry dye, which while it gathered an unpleasant amount of mould on it, gave me some lovely results in these gorgeous soft pinks.
So pretty! I'm especially pleased with how well the lace took the dye, I'm really looking forward to using it. But by far my favourite results are from the onion skins. I got a beautiful mixture of oranges and yellows, with some really interesting effects too!
I'm really excited to try this again, and to create some more lovely dyed fabrics for my stash. There's something really rewarding about dyeing with plants/fruit, and it's definitely exciting, knowing that you'll never know exactly how it's going to turn out!
Maybe I'll not leave them for over a week next time though, oops.
I'll leave you with this lovely picture of the fabric fluttering happily in the breeze!
Have a lovely weekend all,